LaVerne had a stroke of bad luck when he fell from his nest that was under an overpass. We found him half dead on the road while we were on a walk.

Ben had a notion to finish him off right then and there, but I pled for mercy on behalf of the poor little chap. Despite threats from Ben and my brother, I put the little guy in my pocket and carried him home.

I asked Ben one night, "Do you want to hold the bird?" My cousin, Tammi, thought I said, "Do you want to hold LaVerne?" So the name stuck.
LaVerne is only interested in food. He seems to think I'm going to feed him like his mom did.

He also really likes toe jam.

LaVerne was a tad ugly at first but now he's becoming quite the handsome little pigeon. He even has a few brains in that little bird head.

As soon as he gets all his flying feathers we will let him fly away. My family is hoping he doesn't fly back. He's such a helpful little pigeon though!
4 comments:
Aw, LaVerne is very lucky that you had mercy on him Jayne! He has grown into a really pretty bird!
Thanks for sharing these pictues, i think they're great!
<><, Melissa Gill
I cannot wait to show this to Dave, he is going to love it! You know that turtle we brought back with us from MO? He actually ate a baby bird? I couldn't believe it! I really do love the blog, you do a great job writing.
Only you....
only you.
oh, my word - i miss you so much.
Humph!
Post a Comment